Drainage becomes critical when nurturing philodendrons, as they are susceptible to root rot due to over-watering. Therefore, ensuring that the chosen pot has proper drainage holes will allow excess water to escape and maintain a healthy balance of moisture within the soil. With these key factors, we embarked on a careful research and testing journey to find the best pots for philodendrons, helping you make an informed decision that guarantees optimal growth and vitality for your beloved plants.
If you don’t like reading long articles, here’s a summary of all the top picks for the best pots for you philodendrons!
|Buy Now||Homenote Plastic Planter 7/6/5.5/4.8/4.5 Inch||Prime|
|Buy Now||D’vine Dev 12 Inch Planter Pot with Stand||Prime|
|Buy Now||LE TAUCI Ceramic Plant Pots, Set of 3||Prime|
|Buy Now||LE TAUCI Large Plant Pots Set||Prime|
|Buy Now||Worth Garden 2-Pack Tall Tapered Planter||Prime|
Top Pots for Philodendrons
Discover our carefully curated selection of the best pots for nurturing your philodendrons. Dive into the list below to find the perfect match for your beloved plants.
These Homenote Plastic Planters are an excellent choice for anyone looking to purchase attractive and functional pots for their philodendron or other houseplants.
- Variety of sizes suitable for small and medium-sized plants
- Excellent drainage holes and included tray to prevent overwatering
- Made from thick, sturdy, and lightweight polypropylene material
- Saucers do not attach to the pots
- Some might find the design too minimalistic for their taste
- Smaller sizes may be too small for certain plants
When we first used these Homenote Plastic Planters, we were impressed by their modern and simple design. The matte black color and minimalistic appearance suit a variety of home and office decors. While lightweight, the polypropylene material is surprisingly thick and sturdy, making us confident that these pots will last a long time.
The best aspect of these planters is their excellent drainage system. Each pot features multiple drainage holes at the bottom, allowing excess water to flow out easily and help prolong the life of our philodendron. Plus, they came with saucers to catch the excess water, ensuring we didn’t face any issues with waterlogged plants or soil spills.
One downside we noticed is that the saucers do not attach to the pots, so they can easily separate if you need to move the pot. However, this is a relatively minor issue.
We also appreciate the variety of sizes included in this set. The different sized pots make it easy to accommodate several houseplants, from small succulents to larger philodendrons. Keep in mind, though, that the smallest sizes may be too small for certain plants.
Overall, these Homenote Plastic Planters provide a functional and aesthetically pleasing option for housing philodendrons or other houseplants. If you’re in the market for durable and well-draining pots, this set is definitely worth considering.
We highly recommend this planter pot for its stylish design, sturdy construction, and thoughtful extras.
- Handcrafted durable fiberclay design
- Comes with a stand and useful accessories
- Hassle-free replacement or refund policy
- Limited color choices
- Assembly required
- Price may be a concern for some
We recently tried the D’vine Dev 12 Inch Planter Pot with Stand and were immediately impressed by its unique, handcrafted design. The fiberclay material with bronze/grey or white/grey finish makes it stand out and adds a modern touch to any indoor space.
What impressed us the most were the thoughtful extras included in the package: drainage mesh net, optional plug, water catch cup, and a small bag of ceramic plant fillers. These accessories demonstrate the care and attention the manufacturer has put into creating a satisfying product experience.
The sturdy wooden legs provide ample support to the pot and its design allows it to blend seamlessly with various decor styles. However, we did find that the assembly process could be daunting for some. Nevertheless, once the planter is set up, it is a beautiful and functional addition to your indoor garden space.
While the limited color options may not cater to all preferences, the design is versatile enough to complement different plant varieties. The price point may deter some, but considering the overall quality, style, and the inclusion of useful accessories, we believe this planter pot is worth the investment.
In conclusion, the D’vine Dev 12 Inch Planter Pot with Stand is an excellent choice for anyone looking to showcase their beloved philodendron plant in a stylish and functional pot. With its unique design, well-constructed stand, and thoughtful extras, it offers an impressive combination of form and function.
These LE TAUCI Ceramic Plant Pots are an excellent choice for your Philodendron, offering style and functionality.
- Excellent drainage system with hole, drip tray, and net
- Set of 3 pots in different sizes for versatility
- High-quality, high-temperature fired stoneware
- Heavyweight, may not be suitable for all surfaces
- Base not smooth, can potentially scratch surfaces
- Some users report issues with drainage effectiveness
We recently used the LE TAUCI Ceramic Plant Pots for our Philodendron, and we were impressed with the modern design and high-quality materials. The pots come in a set of three sizes, making them suitable for various plants and adding a great decorative touch to any space. The high-temperature fired stoneware means they are durable and long-lasting, just what you’d want for your plants.
The drainage system of these pots is a standout feature. They include a drainage hole, drip pans, and a drainage net that prevents soil from falling out. This is essential for a healthy Philodendron, as proper drainage is key to keeping the roots from rotting. However, some users have reported issues with drainage effectiveness, so adding a layer of rocks at the bottom might be a good idea.
One downside we noticed is the heavyweight of these pots, and the base is not smooth. It’s essential to be careful when placing them on surfaces, as they may scratch or damage delicate tabletops. Despite these minor drawbacks, we found these pots to be an excellent addition to our home, showcasing our Philodendron with style and practicality.
In conclusion, the LE TAUCI Ceramic Plant Pots are a fantastic option for your Philodendron, adding a touch of modern decor while providing essential drainage and durability. Just be mindful of the pots’ weight and base to protect your surfaces.
These pots are an excellent choice for anyone seeking stylish, high-quality planters for their philodendrons.
- Set of three different sized pots suitable for various indoor plants
- Thoughtful drainage system with silicon plug and mesh pad included
- Attractive wax finish surface with a modern and elegant look
- Some may find the bottom seal insufficient
- Not all supplied plugs fit perfectly
- Heavy, which might be difficult to move around
LE TAUCI’s Large Plant Pots Set can transform the way you showcase your prized philodendrons at home. We found the three different pot sizes (6″, 8″, and 10″) incredibly versatile, making it easy to choose the perfect pot for your plants. The modern and simple design of these pots with the unique wax finish surface effortlessly complements the lush greenery of the philodendron.
We appreciate the drainage system that LE TAUCI’s pots offer. The inclusion of a silicon plug and mesh pad provides the opportunity for you to adjust the moisture levels according to your plants’ needs. However, we noticed that some of the provided plugs don’t fit tightly, and the seal on the bottom of the pots may not be entirely sufficient. This may result in small amounts of water leakage after watering. To avoid damage to surfaces, we recommend placing a tray beneath the pot or only watering over a sink.
Despite the minor issues with the plugs, what we enjoyed was the durability and high-quality ceramic construction of these pots. They have a solid feel but can be quite heavy, tending to be slightly difficult to move around — especially the largest pot. Overall, LE TAUCI’s Large Plant Pots Set is a superb option for philodendron enthusiasts, offering both functionality and style.
This planter is an excellent choice for those seeking a stylish and durable pot for their philodendron.
- Modern design and aesthetic
- Allows for DIY drainage holes
- Made with durable, high-quality materials
- No pre-drilled drainage holes
- Pricey for some budgets
- Some users reported minor surface imperfections
We recently used the Worth Garden 2-Pack Tall Tapered Planter to pot our beloved philodendrons. The modern design and matte-white finish brought an air of sophistication to our space, and we can vouch for the claim that the planter works both indoors and outdoors. The wavy texture on the exterior added a beautiful dimension and really made our plants stand out.
While we appreciated the ability to create drainage holes based on our preferences, some may find it inconvenient that the planters do not come with pre-drilled holes. It was not an issue for us, as we enjoyed customizing the drainage for our specific needs. The high-quality materials used in the planters provided both durability and weather resistance, ensuring that these pots will last for seasons to come.
Despite its overall impressive design and build, we did notice some minor imperfections on the surface. Although easily concealed by foliage, it’s worth mentioning for those seeking absolute perfection. Additionally, they are somewhat costly, but considering its excellent quality, we believe it was well worth the investment. We recommend the Worth Garden 2-Pack Tall Tapered Planter to anyone looking for a stylish and durable pot for their philodendron.
When looking for the best pot for philodendrons, it’s essential to consider a few key factors to ensure the optimal growth and health of your plant. Here, we will discuss the features you should look for and some tips to keep in mind.
Size and Shape
Choosing the right size and shape is crucial when picking a pot for your philodendron. Here are some guidelines:
- Choose a pot with a diameter at least 2 inches larger than the current container or root ball.
- A gradually widening pot allows the plant to grow and expand its roots comfortably.
- In general, philodendrons prefer taller pots rather than wider ones, as their root systems tend to grow vertically.
Proper drainage is essential to prevent root rot and maintain healthy soil moisture levels. Be sure to:
- Opt for pots with sufficient drainage holes to allow excess water to escape.
- Consider using a saucer to catch any residual moisture and prevent damage to surfaces.
Different materials have varying benefits and drawbacks. Here are some popular choices:
- Ceramic and terracotta: These materials are sturdy and provide excellent insulation for the roots. However, they can be heavy and may break more easily.
- Plastic: Lightweight and durable, plastic pots are an affordable option. Keep in mind that they may not provide the best insulation.
- Metal: While not as commonly used, metal pots are long-lasting and can protect the roots from temperature fluctuations. Ensure that they have proper drainage holes, as metal pots can hold too much moisture.
Ventilation and Aeration
Good ventilation helps maintain a healthy root system. Consider the following:
- Slatted or porous pots allow increased airflow to the plant’s roots, promoting oxygen absorption and preventing mold growth.
- A well-aerated potting medium ensures essential nutrients can reach the roots.
By keeping these factors in mind, we can confidently select the best pot for our philodendron, promoting vibrant growth and a long, healthy life.
My name is Daniel Elrod, and I have been houseplant love ever since I was 17. I love how much joy they bring to any room in the home. I’ve always been amazed at how a few pots of flowing leaves can turn a drab and sterile office into an inviting place where people love to work at.